Geraldton, Western Australia
Mid west Ports Authority (MWPA)
In May 2022, the state Government announced its investment into Mid West Port Authority ‘s (MWPA) Port Maximisation Project (PMaxP) in response to growing demand from industry in the region. The $350 million infrastructure project will enable MWPA to facilitate diverse and emerging trade opportunities and significantly increase throughput capacity over the next 10 years
BGER have been engaged under an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) contract for the works.
The scopes includes:
- Prepare design briefs and basis of designs for PmaxP elements
- Prepare designs to IFC Status
- Prepare works schedules and procurement delivery schedules
- Provide cost estimates of each of the work packages
- Prepared tender documents and assist with the tender process for work packages
- Offsite inspection of Procured Items including internationally procured items (Shiploader, Steelwork etc).
- Co-ordinate and obtain necessary all regulatory approvals, certificates and authorities’ approvals relating to design, installation and commissioning requirements.
- Configure and maintain project controls for the scope of work.
- Undertake works Superintendence on behalf of MWPA
- Manage all the site works associated with the PmaxP project to ensure they are delivered safely, to the required quality and in accordance with the established budgets and schedules;
- Oversee commissioning and project hand over to MWPA Operations