In September 2022, we were awarded the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) contract for the Geraldton Port Maximisation Project (PMaxP) located in Western Australia (WA).
Earlier that year, the State Government announced its investment into the PMaxP in response to growing demand from industry in the region.
The $350 million infrastructure project will enable MWPA to facilitate diverse and emerging trade opportunities and significantly increase throughput capacity over the next 10 years.
Delivered over four years, the project is designed to facilitate growth by allowing MWPA to increase trade at Geraldton Port from 16 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) to 25 Mtpa by 2026.
Our scope includes:
- Prepare design briefs and basis of designs for PMaxP elements
- Prepare designs for IFC Status
- Prepare works schedules and procurement delivery schedules
- Provide cost estimates of each of the work packages
- Prepared tender documents and assist with the tender process for work packages
- Offsite inspection of Procured Items including internationally procured items (Shiploader, Steelwork etc)
- Configure and maintain project controls for the scope of work
- Undertake works Superintendence on behalf of MWPA
- Manage all the site works associated with the PMaxP project to ensure they are delivered safely, to the required quality and in accordance with the established budgets and schedules
- Oversee commissioning and project handover to MWPA Operations
Our teams have made great progress, advancing to detailed design to improve berth capability (Berth 1 & 6) to accommodate a shiploader and provide for additional trade. Detailed design of the Lease 11 Truck unloader is now complete and features innovative water recycling techniques to ensure optimal water quality for washing down and maintaining the new facility.