The Quattro Port facility in Port Kembla, New South Wales (NSW) is an open-access terminal which provides grain export opportunities to grain traders and exporters from across the State.
The facility is designed to receive grain by rail and utilises the existing Inner Harbour rail sidings and has the capacity to handle in excess of one and a half million tonnes of export grain per annum, plus the ability to import cargo.
We provided civil and structural engineering services which included:
- a road receival hopper;
- a rail receival facility;
- an elevated overland in-loading conveyor system; and
- grain storage areas comprising eight flat bottom 10,000-tonne capacity silos and nine 2,000-tonne capacity elevated cone bottom silos;
- bucket elevators and conveyors for materials handling;
- a ship loading conveyor and batch weighing systems;
- a weigh bridge and control buildings.