We offer a range of services to meet your project’s most stringent requirements.
We specialize in engineering and design and have multi-disciplinary capability with experience in mine site infrastructure and process plants, rail systems, bridges, haul roads, ports and marine, NPI facilities, power supply and distribution.
BGER has an in-depth understanding of project lifecycle. We assist our Clients through all stages of the project’s delivery from conceptual design and feasibility studies to detail design, construction support and commissioning. Our success is founded on our ability to provide innovative and cost effective outcomes for our Clients.
We offer a full suite of services within the civil engineering sector, including bulk earthworks design, roadwork design, storm water design, utility services design, traffic engineering and contract management. We specialise in the optimisation of bulk earthworks and provide design, documentation and construction support services on all aspects of road infrastructure. We have been significantly involved in numerous mining projects in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia for the development of heavy haulage iron ore railways.
- Civil Works including Bulk Earthworks
- Rail & Associated Infrastructure & Systems
- Access Roads
- Non-Process Infrastructure
- Guide Bank &Rock Protection Design/Documentation
- Bore Field & Water Supply
- Flood Studies & Waterway Assessments
- Hydrology & Flood Protection Design
We are specialists in the design of electrical, instrumentation and control aspects of mining and resources projects. We have a record of providing solutions that are cost effective and easy to build. Our consolidated experiences draw upon our involvement in numerous projects within the resource industry where we were involved in process plants as well as industrial and commercial buildings.
- Power Supply & Distribution
- Temporary & Permanent Power Supply Design
- Process Plant Controls Design
- Lighting & Small Power Supply
Plant Utility Upgrades & Improvements
We provide practical engineering assistance as a result of our many years of involvement in the resources industry. Our team of engineers are proficient in the use of dynamic analysis and non-linear finite element analysis (FEA), on a wide range of small and large projects. We can draw upon our consolidated experience to provide a client focused engineering service based on specific requirements.
- Bulk Materials Handling Design
- Mining – Crushers, Overland & Transfer Conveyors, Stockyards with Stackers & Reclaimers, Process Plant Equipment & Loading Systems
- Plant & Equipment Trouble Shooting
- Port – Train Unloaders, Conveyors, Stockyards & Shiploaders
- Mining Process Plant – Equipment Design & Selection
- Process Improvement
- Tailings Dams & Pumping Design
- Non Process Infrastructure Equipment Design & Services
- Mining Workshops
- Water Treatment Plants
- Site Technical Support Services
- Debottlenecking & Optimisation Studies
- Process Upgrades & Modifications
- Site Support During Shutdowns & Commissioning
Ports & Marine
We have a deep understanding of the characterisation of marine site conditions for the optimal design of port facilities that minimise construction costs and maximise operability. Our maritime and coastal engineering expertise is balanced with a broad knowledge of mine to port supply chains facilitating fit for purpose technical solutions that meet the Clients functional requirements.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Site identification & selection
- Master planning including strategic staged expansion
- Supply chain modelling input & interpretation
- Marine Site
Investigations (Specification & Interpretation)
- Hydrographic survey
- Geotechnical & geophysical Investigations
- Metocean Investigations
- Design criteria determination
- Brownfield site inspections
Port Design Studies (Specification & Interpretation)
- Numerical modelling – winds, waves, circulation & sediment
- Physical modelling
- UKC simulation
- Ship handling simulation – desktop & full bridge
- Dynamic mooring analysis
Maritime & Coastal Engineering
- Navigation channels, dredging & reclamation
- Marine structures – jetties, wharfs, Ro-Ro, barge ramps
- Coastal protection – breakwaters, causeways & seawalls
- Port landside infrastructure –laydown, buildings, access roads & services
We are committed to reducing the impact that mine sites have on the environment while leading the change to power green mining of the future.
Our team provides complete design capability to reduce emissions to clients in the resource and industrial markets, throughout Australia. Our innovative solutions integrate specialist technology to reduce emissions and deliver action plans to pave the way to a more sustainable future. We have extensive experience in providing strategies for clients to implement change and transition to cleaner energy solutions.
BG&E Resources offer turnkey solutions and innovative, calculated strategies for industries to transition to renewables and low environmental impact technology.
Our specialised team are equipped in offering full engineering and design services, procurement management and construction management services. Our team is led by Energy Innovation Lead; Erin Ireland with oversight from BGER Project Director of Mining, Metals and Renewables; Joe Allen.
Together, we can tailor our approach to meet your needs and facilitate an action plan to ensure we minimise emissions and lower consumption of non-renewable resources while maximising the use of renewable resources.
We provide hydraulic services in Australia and internationally; our knowledge and expertise cover a diverse spectrum of industries and sectors and we have served the resource industry for many years delivering hydraulic design tailored in accordance with the specific project’s requirements and construction program. Our solutions are easy to build and are cost effective; supporting the Client from the initial stages of concept design to the final delivery of the projects ensuring a high standard of engineering services which address all aspects of the project brief.
- Hydraulic Structures
- Piping & Pumping Systems Design
We offer a full suite of services within the geotechnical engineering sector from onshore and nearshore site investigation through to detailed foundation design. We have a strong focus on getting the geology right with an understanding the basis for geotechnical design needs to be underpinned by an accurate representation of the subsurface profile.
For complex soil structure interactions, we model in both 2D and 3D using market leading software. Our experience gained from projects across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and Africa allows BGER to assess your projects key geotechnical risks and to put in place practical design measures to manage them.
- Site Investigation
- Rock and Soil Slope Stability
- Soft Ground Engineering
- Deep Pile Foundations
- Earth Retention
- Dam Engineering
- Pavement Design
- Temporary Works
- Construction Support
We are a leader in the development of advanced construction techniques in the areas of process plants; industrial buildings and large infrastructure. We have consolidated experience in both traditional and prefabricated construction techniques including heavy lifting of oversized precast structures, temporary works and strengthening of existing structures for construction loading.
- Mines & Process Plants
- Ports & Loadout Facilities
- Aerodrome/Airport Facilities
- Modular Accommodation Villages & Housing
- Tailings Storage Facilities
- Diesel Fuel & LNG Infrastructure
- Industrial Facilities
- Water Treatment Plants
- Value Engineering
BG&E Resources has significant experience in the management of resources projects; Our service is integrated with the life cycle of the project from planning to delivery; inspection and maintenance. We provide a professional approach to the management of the many risks associated with the implementation of the construction program and we work closely with our Clients to develop solutions that are within the client’s budget and objectives. In our approach to management we give consideration to the full lifecycle of the project.
- Interface Management
- Community & Stakeholder Engagement
- Approvals & Obligation Management
- Procurement, Contracts & Commercial Management
- Risk Management
- Project Controls
- Health & Safety Management
- Commissioning & Handover Services
- Business Cases & Feasibility Assessment
- Constructability & Construction Planning
- Remediation Work