Marine & Coastal
Our Ports and Marine team, have decades of experience in Port Planning, Marine Site Investigations, Port Design Studies and Maritime and Coastal Engineering.
BG&E Resources have extensive expertise in the optimal engineering and design of port and marine facilities that minimise construction costs and maximise operability.
We integrate our multidisciplinary skills to provide high level engineering solutions to complex coastal marine issues faced by our port and marine clients. Our maritime and coastal engineering expertise is balanced with a broad knowledge of mine to port supply chains facilitating fit for purpose technical solutions that meet our Clients functional requirements.
Our proven approach to deliver schedule and cost beneﬁts through clever engineering and true collaboration is what sets BG&E Resources apart. We balance cutting edge innovation and boundary pushing design with a pragmatism earnt through hands-on project delivery.
- Port Planning
- Stakeholder engagement
- Site identification & selection
- Master planning including strategic staged expansion
- Supply chain modelling input & interpretation
- Marine Site Investigations
- (Specification & Interpretation)
- Hydrographic survey
- Geotechnical & geophysical Investigations
- Metocean Investigations
- Design criteria determination
- Brownfield site inspections
- Port Design Studies
- Numerical modelling – winds, waves, circulation & sediment
- Physical modelling
- UKC simulation
- Ship handling simulation – desktop & full bridge
- Dynamic mooring analysis
- Maritime & Coastal Engineering
- Navigation channels, dredging & reclamation
- Marine structures – jetties, wharfs, Ro-Ro, barge ramps
- Coastal protection – breakwaters, causeways & seawalls
- Port landside infrastructure –laydown, buildings, access roads & services breakwaters, causeways & seawalls